Self-Study Group: Trans-traditional Mathematical Statistical Life Experiments
- Recurring Word-Matrices that Motivate the study group include:
- For an interesting current affairs projection read
Raaz's copy of Joint Operating Environment 2010
downloaded from Joint Operating Environment 2010 for group study.
ABOUT THIS STUDY The Joint Operating Environment is intended to inform joint concept development and experimentation throughout the Department of Defense. It provides a perspective on future trends, shocks, contexts, and implications for future joint force commanders and other leaders and professionals in the national security field. This document is speculative in nature and does not suppose to predict what will happen in the next twenty-five years. Rather, it is intended to serve as a starting point for discussions about the future security environment at the operational level of war. Inquiries about the Joint Operating Environment should be directed to USJFCOM Public Affairs, 1562 Mitscher Avenue, Suite 200, Norfolk, VA 23551-2488, (757) 836-6555. Distribution Statement A: Approved for Public Release
- For an analysis by The International Commission on the Future of Food and Agriculture read
Raaz's copy of Manifesto on the Future of Seeds
downloaded from Manifesto on the Future of Seeds for group study.
In 2003 the International Commission on the Future of Food published and disseminated the Manifesto on the Future of Food (www.arsia.toscana.it/cibo/index.htm and www.future-food.org). It laid out practical steps and far-reaching concepts toward ensuring that food and agriculture become more socially and ecologically sustainable and strengthen the movement toward a more equitable and caring world. Translated into different languages, it has been widely disseminated to individuals and organizations, as well as at various conferences and gathering including the WTO Ministerial in Cancun, Mexico in 2003 and adopted by different communities throughout the world. The principles contained in the Manifesto on the Future of Food led to the imperative of addressing Seeds and related issues as a matter of emergency. Thus the International Commission on the Future of Food has prepared the present Manifesto on the Future of Seed, with the support and active participation of the Government of the Region of Tuscany, and through a global stakeholder consultation at Terra Madre in Turin. We hope this manifesto serves to strengthen and accelerate the movement toward sustainable agriculture, food sovereignty, biodiversity and agricultural diversity, help defend the rights of farmers to save, share, use and improve seeds, and enhance our collective capacity to adapt to the hazards and uncertainties of environmental and economic change. We urge people and communities to use it as appropriate to their needs and as a tool to unify and strengthen the call to counter the threat to seed and biodiversity imposed by industrial agriculture and multinational corporate interests.
- The system of agricultural production per ecological floor in Huánuco, by Tomas Manual Flores Leiva, Especialista en cultivos tropicales y sistemas agroforestales, Sede Chavinillo de la Universidad Nacional Hermilio Valdizan de Huanuco. Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Amarilis District, Huánuco Region, Peru (READ-ONLY Draft 0 machine-translated from Spanish).
Philosophical Mathematical Readings of Relevance (suggested by Edwin Mares on Sunday May 16 2010 at Joint Mathematics-Philosophy Retreat, Westport, South Island, New Zealand):
- Blackwells Guide to Philosophical Logic by Goble: heavy reading...
- Feminist Philosophy / Epistemology + Ethics: Punchline is that Science has to undergo transformational criticism (bias is a fact of life) by Longino
- Pragmatist: Punchline is around "vague world" by William James and John Dewey
- Philosophical Statistical: Scientific Method, a Bayesian Approach by Howson and Urbach; Operational Subjective Statistical Methods by Frank Lad
- Varieties of Constructive Mathematics by Douglas Bridges
- Philosophy of Set Theory by Levy Frankel
- An almost useless step in the direction of allowing the sigma-algebras of different traditions to be entirely different on the same probability space but with a shared action space:
- Machine Interval Experiments: Accounting for the Physical Limits on Empirical and Numerical Resolutions, Raazesh Sainudiin, LAP Academic Publishers, Köln, Germany, ISBN-13: 978-3838315997, 2010
- See free preprint of the above CC content here: Machine interval experiments, Raazesh Sainudiin, Ph.D. dissertation in the field of Statistics, Cornell University, May 2005 (PDF 1.8MB)
Last modified on Saturday, 16-Sep-2017 08:56:35 MST and served on Tuesday, 12-Dec-2017 01:11:56 MST.