Study Group: Approximate methods for recombination
A lunch-time reading group on approximate methods for recombinationThis is an archive of the reading group's web page.
Approximate methods for recombination are a set of algorithmic and statistical heuristics aimed at detecting recombination from population genetic data. The material we have already discussed or will be discussing shortly is chronologically listed below.
- Nov 16 2006 Kuhner, Yamato and Felsenstein (2000), Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Recombination Rates From Population Data, Genetics 156, 1393-1401. Genetics link
- Nov 09 2006 break-point -- no meeting today.
- Nov 02 2006 Minichiello and Durbin (2006), Mapping Trait Loci by Use of Inferred ARGs, American Journal of Human Genetics. AJHG link
- Oct 26 2006
Innan, H. (2002), A Method for Estimating the Mutation, Gene Conversion and Recombination Parameters in Small Multigene Families. Genetics 161, 865-872. Genetics PDF link
Innan, H. (2003), A two-locus gene conversion model with selection and its application to the human RHCE and RHD genes. PNAS 100: 8793-8798. PubMed PDF link
- Oct 19 2006 Hudson, R. R. (1991), Gene genealogies and the coalescent process, Oxford surveys in evolutionary biology, Ed. Futuyama and Antonovics, 7, 1-44.
- Oct 12 2006 (meet at 1:00PM today) Hudson, R. R. (1983), Properties of a Neutral Allele Model with lntragenic Recombination. Theoretical Population Biology 23, 183-201.
- Oct 05 2006 No meeting today. It is the 8th Bioinformatics Day at Oxford -- taking place on Thursday 5th October from 1.00pm-5.00pm in the Oxford Centre for Gene Function
- Sep 28 2006 McVean G. (2002),A Genealogical Interpretation of Linkage Disequilibrium, Genetics. 162, 987-91. PubMed PDF link
- Sep 21 2006 Hudson, R. R. and Kaplan, N. L. (1985),Statistical Properties of the Number of Recombination Events in the History of a Sample of DNA Sequences, Genetics 111, 147-64 PubMed PDF link
- Sep 14 2006 Li, N. and Stephens, M. (2003). Modeling Linkage Disequilibrium and Identifying Recombination Hotspots Using Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism Data, Genetics 165, 2213-2233. Genetics PDF link and Preprint PDF link
- Sep 07 2006
Griffiths, R.C. and Marjoram, P. (1996). Ancestral inference from samples of DNA sequences with recombination, Journal of Computational Biology 3, 479-502.
Only preprint is available online: paper and figures.
Additional/Optional material: Griffiths, R.C. and Marjoram, P. (1997). An ancestral recombination graph. In: Donnelly, P. and Tavare, S. (Eds.), Progress in Population Genetics and Human Evolution, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, Volume 87. Springer Verlag, Berlin, pp. 257-270.ima book chapter
- Aug 31 2006 Wall, J.D. (2000), A Comparison of Estimators of the Population Recombination Rate, Mol. Biol. Evol. 17(1):156-163. MBE PDF link
- Aug 24 2006 Hudson, R.R. (2001), Two-Locus Sampling Distributions and Their Applications, Genetics 159: 1805-1817. Preprint PDF link
Last modified on Thursday, 01-Sep-2016 19:45:01 MST and served on Thursday, 26-May-2022 19:09:04 MST.